I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion Media B.V. The piece they say will be published in Zillion publi2.0 which is not really a magazine but appears to be some sort of digital publication. Here is the details of how the scam works.
They scan the business news feed for business articles and will then approach the companies about doing a fluff piece in their zillion publication based on the published piece on the news wire. There will be no discussion about cost or if you press them on it you do not get a clear answer. In the fine print of the digital pdf proof they send you their is to the effect this "you will be charged approximately 10 Euros for every millimeters of a photo that is used in the piece." No insertion order or contact will ever be presented. You will receive a nice digital pdf proof and a few months later you will get an invoice. The invoice will be for thousands of Euros. For example in my case the invoice said 1 Photograph - total mm = 250 @ 10,50 Eur for a grand total of $2,625.00 Eur due to them. They will require you to wire the money to their bank. The bank is in the Netherlands.
They tried this with us and I refused to pay the invoice as we never authorize them doing the ad and no contract or costs were ever discussed. You will then get an email from Anne Hoemakers threatening to send it to collection. You can pretty much at that time tell her to go jump off a bridge. There are many red flags to this mainly who charges for an ad based on the photo size? The more photos you have the more your bill will be.
As I noted it's ranks up there in terms of complexities of a scam as what they will present to you looks professional. But, don't fall for it. In closing I am attaching an image of the invoice they sent to us. I have blurred out information that I do not want to be seen across the web. However, users please be aware of this scam.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Zillion Magazine
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
You May Also Like
- "Bought two magazines through Synapse, Taste of Home for myself and Discovery Girl for my granddaughter. I have two unauthorized charges to my checking account showing they stole $33 for..."
- "gave them $1500 never been paid royalty i know that they sold more books than they said, i see my book on ebey buy 3 sellers up to $50 i..."
- " I just had a guy who knocked on my door and told me he is in a public speaking contest and he needs to win points for the trip..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "While Cameron Taylor quotes great prices, he is the most unprofessional business owner I have EVER worked with. I hired him on July 31, 2016 to repair my garage floor,..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."